Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Lucky Lucky Day Layout | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here and today I have a super fun and "green" layout for you!
Who is ready for St. Patty's Day and more green in their lives?! I know I am definitely ready for spring!  This week, I couldn't help but focus on the 'holiday' approaching this weekend and pull out a kit that I've been hoarding for quite some time...and of course matching Shimmerz Inklingz (because those are my fav!)!  Here's a quick look at my final layout:


These papers had several shades of greens and one blue...which for me was difficult to start with. I'm usually not inspired by the color green enough to make it a focus on a layout. When I spotted the shamrock paper with the blue background, I wanted that as a top layer to break the green up a bit. On my bottom layer, I added my Shimmerz to pull out the brighter green tones and compliment the blue. Also in this kit was the "Lucky Day" letters, rainbows and a couple shamrocks. I fussy cut those out to add more variation and introduce other colors. This layout came together fairly quickly and definitely needed the solid colored areas that the Shimmerz added. Here are a few close ups of my layout:





The colors that I used in today's project are:


Thanks so much for joining me today!
I hope you have a fabulous week!


No comments: