Saturday, December 9, 2017

Markmaking with Shimmerz Watercolors | Zinia Amoiridou

Hello artsy friends! It's Zinia here and I'm back with my last project in the Shimmerz Education team. It's been such an amazing year and I am so honored to be part of the Shimmerz family but unfortunately I have to step down for 2018. I had a really great time creating with these gorgeous products and I really hope to return in the future. But for now let's take a look at the project I created for you :)


I decided to work with a mix of Inklingz and Creameez and just do some scribbles and doodles on my page. You can also see this as a creative way to swatch your colors as it lets you explore the different ways the paint reacts depending on how much water you add or what brush stroke you use to apply it.


I started with one color at a time and created all sorts of different marks and shapes to fill the page.


When the first layer was dry, I went back in to add more details on each shape. In some cases I layered different colors and in others I used the same color to create a glaze over the initial layer.


For every color and shape, I tried to do something different. The more variety on the shapes and marks, the more playful the page will look in the end.


I also picked a white pen marker to add even more doodles on top of some shapes. You can use any marker you want or even a fineliner pen to add scribble details on top of your shapes.


The colors I used on this page are: CREAMEEZ in Purple Peony, 1 Hot Mama, Lapis Dance and INKLINGS in Blue Lagoon, She Packs a Pack, Gosh Garnet, Old Yeller, I'm not Limon, Blue my Mind.


I really hope you enjoyed this project and also all the previous projects I shared with you during the past months.


No comments: