Friday, December 1, 2017

Holiday Card's - Traditional & Non-Traditional | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here and today I have not one, not two, but four different card projects to share with you! Today is officially December 1st and the Holidays are if full swing!  Time to not only check those lists twice, but to get out those holiday cards to family and friends! Shimmerz makes it super simple to make traditional and non traditional cards because the shimmer helps is sparkle for the season!
Today I used minimal colors on each card to show you just how easy it is no matter what colors you may have!  Here's a look at my final projects:

When I began each of these cards, I used a piece of water color paper, that I eventually cut down to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I wet each piece with water and misted and slopped color on with my #8 brush.  I found the bigger my brush, the more dramatic look I got.  Here's what my backgrounds looked like before I cut them down and embellished them.





Once they were dry, I trimmed them down and began my stamping. I picked large size images from my Holiday stamp collection to make a bigger impact.  I stamped them on my card fronts and heat embossed them with different embossing powders.  For the Cardinal card, I just stamped and embossed the image on the card, then used my watercolors to paint it.  Here are some close ups of my final projects:





The colors that I used on today's projects are:
Inklingz in She Packs a Punch, Greener Pastures, Can't Elope
Creameez in Ride the Tide and For Shore
Original Shimmerz paints in Winters Mist, Coal and Pixie Dust
Spritz in Walkin' a tight Heliotrope
Vibes in  Deep Blue Sea

Thanks so much for joining me today!
Have a great weekend!