Thursday, August 10, 2017

Stay Wild | Adrienne Alvis

Hello, crafty friends! I'm here today to share a layout that I created using some beautiful ocean-hued Coloringz and Vibez paints!


I love summer-themed layouts, so I knew that I had to document my daughter's favorite new toy that she got this year for the pool! A mermaid tail!!! I wanted the background of my page to emulate the water and the scales on the mermaid tail, so I grabbed a piece of white card stock and some Coloringz in "Well Blue Me Down" and "Oh Say Can U Sea", as well as some Vibez shimmering spray ink in "Jeni B Blue" and some old product packaging to create my design...


I simply spritzed the Coloringz and Vibez inks onto a piece of bubble wrap and pressed it against the white card stock in a random pattern. I love how the Coloringz inks are non-shimmering and how the Vibez inks are shimmering so it gives my page a great mixture of shine!


After the inks dried, I took some Coloringz in "Pretty In Pink" and dropped a few splatters around my page for added color contrast and to coordinate with the pink in my daughter's mermaid tail. For my title, Stay Wild, I blended some Acritonez in "Pinkadelic" and a little bit of "Pretty In Pink" Coloringz with a small paint brush and sewed it to my layout. 


I love the effect that the bubble wrap technique gave my background and I think the colors of the paints match perfectly with the colors in my photo! 



Thanks so much for joining me here today! I hope I've given you a little inspiration for your next project...have a wonderful day! 




No comments: